Re: Colortune/UniSyns

To: "David F.Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: Colortune/UniSyns
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:10:48 -0500
Hi David:

I have used a UniSyn since 1960 and bought my first one in 1964 when I
bought my Volvo 544.  I managed to find a four-barrel version in 1970 and I
treasure them both.  The four-barrel type is probably no longer
manufactured as cars with dual four-barrel carbs are getting scarce today -
as are carburetors.

The UniSyn makes setting the air flow of the carbs a cinch.  Simply isolate
each carb so that they are independent from the throttle shaft.  Place the
UniSyn over the inlet of the carb while the car is running.  Observe the
height of the little plastic float in the graduated tube, then transfer the
UniSyn to the other carb and compare measurements.  By adjusting throttle
screws you will be able to set the two carbs exactly.  You can also easily
adjust the height of the float ball by adjusting the inlet control of the
UniSyn.  There is no more precise means of doing the job which is so easy
to use.

John McEwen