Re: Colortune

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Re: Colortune
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 17 Apr 97 06:45:45 PDT
I may be a curmudgeon, but I find the "hose in the ear" technique
much more precise than a Uni-Syn for adjusting dual carbs.  The
Uni-Syn deteriorates rapidly with age, the felt backing, sealing
grommets, and the plastic sight tube always start to fail, resulting
in vacuum leaks and sticky bobbers.

I have verified my "ear hose" results with a new Uni-Syn, and can see
no difference in accuracy.  Of course, the traditional method
requires a bit of practice, much like my wife tuning her oboe by
carefully carving and adjusting the reeds.  But think of the
satisfaction you get when those SUs are "on point"!!

Cheers,

Paul Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com