Carcoon et al

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carcoon et al
From: Ricko595@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:49:59 -0400 (EDT)
Has anyone used a Carcoon or simular device for storing a car during the
winter months? This past winter I kept my MGB in a well ventilated shed
behind the house. I covered the floor with plastic sheeting and the roof is
new. The problem is that everytime the temperature rose above 40 degrees
F.and then fell back down I would get condensation everywhere. I could open
the bonnet and see minute water droplets everywhere. The flannel dust cover
on the car would become damp.  It almost looked as if it had rained inside
the shed. It's too far from the house to heat. The shed is too well
ventilated to keep warm anyway.   I have considered a previous suggestion of
a plastic tent / dehumidifier combination, but I have heard that a
dehumidifier won't work below a certain temperature. I live in Michigan and
usually have to store the car 6 months or more at a time. Any ideas or
comments will be appreciated as always. Rick