Re: 240Z wheels --> MGB ?

To: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: 240Z wheels --> MGB ?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:06:28 -0700
At 01:17 PM 4/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>This weekend, I plan to look at some wheels that fit a 240Z --- If my
>memory is not as bad as my eyesight, I believe the bolt pattern is the same
>as the MGB.  Can anyone verify this?  (These are 14 x 6 wheels.)
>
>And what about offset?  Are they similar?

Lee,

I can verify this.  Years ago I bought a set of chrome bolt-on wires that
had been on a 240Z.  They are indeed 14X6.  I mounted a set of 185-14 P3's
and ever after felt I was glued to the road.  I never checked the offset, I
didn't know what it was at the time.  The only time I ever had an
interferance problem was when I went camping with my (now) wife.  We had the
B loaded down like a farm truck and occasionaly we'd get the outside rear
tire rubbing if we hit a bump while cornering.  Any of you who have taken a
lady on her first tent camping excursion can imagine what kind of load we
were packing.

The car is long gone but I've still got the wires.
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT