Re: your mail

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 23:57:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mark!!

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> As his car was quite rusty, we ended up breaking off the stabilizer bar
> ends and my impactwrench twisted the heads off several bolts on the spring
> pan. It took us about 4 hours total to replace both sides.

You needed the services of "Mr. Blue Wrench", and although he usually
doesn't make house calls (too expensive), his little cousin "Mr.
SpitFire Propane Torch" does.  I bought one of these things from Sears a
few tears ago, and it has been a God-send.

I bought a 6 foot barbecue propane hose to hook the thing up to a 20
pound propane cylinder, but I should have got the 12 foot one.

It is NOT as effective as oxy-acetaline, but does the job.  You can do
light welding, (1/8") and braising/silver soldering quite easily.  I use
mine almost exclusively to loosen/remove corroded nuts without
destroying the festener(s).  I just used it to remove 6 broken studs on
the exhaust manifold...

When you're done, NEVER forget the help of "Mr. NeverSieze".  Being a
BMC design, you WILL eventually have to do the job again; though not
necessarily for the same reasons.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen