Re: your mail

To: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>, Mark J Bradakis <mjb@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Bruce Stevenson <bstevens@netshop.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 20:12:43 -0700
At 23:57 04/18/97 -0700, EMILY COWEN wrote:
Sorry, I didn't have a working signature file. My name is Bruce Stevenson,
and I was the one who twisted off all the A arm hardware. I now have another
problem or three. While attempting to replace the steering rack boots, we
couldn't get the right tie rod end off. The jam nut is frozen on and the tie
rod end will not hammer up. I tried heat from my propane torch, but no go.
Any suggestions?

Also replaced seals in clutch slave cylinder. Now it won't bleed. Keep
getting air coming down the bleed hose. I have the end immersed in brake
fluid and close the bleed screw on the upstroke. Could air enter via a worn
hose or something.

Please help, as Sean is getting ready to trash this thing and buy a North
American truck.

I start the great chore of replacing all windshield rubber on my own B
tomorrow. Oh boy.

Bye.

>On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>
>> As his car was quite rusty, we ended up breaking off the stabilizer bar
>> ends and my impact wrench twisted the heads off several bolts on the spring
>> pan. It took us about 4 hours total to replace both sides.
>
>You needed the services of "Mr. Blue Wrench", and although he usually
>doesn't make house calls (too expensive), his little cousin "Mr.
>SpitFire Propane Torch" does.  I bought one of these things from Sears a
>few tears ago, and it has been a God-send.
>

>TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen

Bruce Stevenson  Kelowna, B.C. Canada      MG's ---> 1972 MGB (mint)
President, Ogopogo Zone                              1952 TD (restoration
project)
Canadian Ski Patrol                        Son Sean's 1973 MGB (religous wings)