Midget rear leaf springs

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget rear leaf springs
From: "JSBrown" <brownjs@gwi.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:49:15 -0400
I have a '73 Midget going through a complete restoration. I just got the
suspension re-installed with new shocks to find that the rear end is
sitting too high, almost as if the
leaf springs recurved themselves after a couple of years off the car. All I
did was replace all the rubber bushings and paint. The shocks are refurbed
uprated units from
Apple Hydraulics. Has anyone had this happen? Could it be the shocks vs the
springs? It is sitting so high that I can't get the rubber rebound straps
to fit up. Will it
eventually come down after some time with the weight of the car on the
springs. Any
advice/experience would be appreciated.
J. Stanley Brown
1973 midget (last of the chrome bumpered cars)