Re: Tuning Woes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tuning Woes
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:33:14 -0500
I finally got the prim to a suitable but not fine tune. It MAY have been the
six-pack of Negro Modelo I bought on the way home from work last night, but
I REALLY noticed a difference when I re-installed THE OLD needles. I DON"T
think the diz had anything to do with it, as that was the first thing I did
this morning and still to no avail. Then I got a wild hair up my ass and put
the original needles back in and started over AGAIN. It took a while, but
when it started getting close, it actually started working. Sure enough
right at that point where the pins are supposed to give you that little rise
in rpms, everything smoothed out (more or less) and when I took it out for
the drive it didn't die. Played with it some more and took it out for a
longer drive to get all the crap out and now it's got a nice smooth
acceleration curve. Idle is still somewhat rough and tends to die
v-e-e-r-r-r-y-y-y slowly, but I can get to work again.

But it may have been the Negro Modelo.

I still want to know what the mechanics of opening up the exhaust tube are.
I noticed a definite rise in the 1500 - 2000 range and up, but the low end
is still not there. Why?

Glenn "Still puzzled" Schnittke
No one in Tuna knows what I do for a living.
Why should they care what I say?

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com