Brake Servo Installation

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake Servo Installation
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 07:51:16 -0700
HeyListers:

                                             THIS DISCUSSION NOT FOR PURISTS!!

I am in the process of installing a brake master cylinder and servo unit
(from a '79 MGB) into a '67 MGB GT. The unit was a straight forward
installation, as I am running a Weber DGAV carb, no clearance issues!

Several questions come to mind:

1.      Should the vacuum line from the servo tee into the PCV valve line
(there are no other options on this            manifold)?

2.      Should I connect this new system to the old brake lines, as in still
keeping the one brake line sytem?          Or should I go ahead and make the
two separate circuits, as in the late model MGB systems?

3.      How do I know for certain that the servo is functional and doesn't
require re-building?  What parts wear         out in a servo?

4.      When bleeding this system, do you need the engine running; does the
servo have to be         functional for the system to bleed properly?

5.      What difference should I anticipate with the addition of a servo to
my existing system?

Thanks in advance for all the input from list members!

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
paradise, CA