Re: Update on '78 Midget ressurection-long

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Update on '78 Midget ressurection-long
From: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:48:59 -0400 (EDT)
At 10:06 PM 4/17/97 -0700, you wrote:

     <deleted>

>The carb had a bodged cheap choke cable attached to it, which is removed
>now. I'm thinking that I might remove the whole choke assembly, as it
>doesn't seem nessessary in Florida's hot climate. I removed the whole
>choke from my Galaxie (always stuck, even after rebuild) with no ill
>effects.
>Any thoughts on this?
>-Aron Travis-
>"always in a automotive frenzy"

===Reply===

You might try it, but I'll bet it won't work cold.  Reason?  The Galaxie had
an Amurrican carburetor with an accelerator pump.  The SU doesn't.  (I'm
assuming you have SU's).  So when you were trying to start the Galaxie from
cold, you'd pump the pedal a couple of times, the carb would squirt some raw
gas in the intake, and away you'd go.  Pump the gas pedal a few times on an
SU before you start it, and all you'll do is give your calf muscles a
workout.  Order the right choke cable from one of the regular LBC suppliers.

my .02

Mark Moburg
markmoburg@mindspring.com