Re: last minute hydraulic advice

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: last minute hydraulic advice
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@mail.bright.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:56:48 -0400
Scott Gardner wrote:

> First, I'd like to thank all the members of the list who gave me
> helpful hints for my clutch/brake bleeding job I'm doing today.
>      One last-minute question.  If I decide to flush the systems out
> entirely, how much new fluid should I have on hand to refill them?
> I'm planning on using Castrol LMA, and I have a '72 tourer, so no
> power brakes, although it IS the dual-circuit braking system.
> I'm leaving in about a half-hour to start the work, so hopefully I'll
> catch a few of you before I go.
> Thanks again,
>
> Scott Gardner
> gardner@lwcomm.com
> www.lwcomm.com/~gardner
scott, flush with denatured alcohol, then you'll need a couple pints of
gtlma.  good luck, ted add a thrid pint if you do the clutch system
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive

For the finest in British car apparel, accessories and
regalia, be sure to check with our MotoringXtras store.
We also have an extensive line of Black & White
checkered race-theme apparel.  Same address and phones.
Check it out!!!