Re: Now the bad news, tech questions -Reply

To: cheaton@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Now the bad news, tech questions -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:41:25 -0500
Chris,

I agree that this is the root cause.  However all engines experience the
same problem at continued high speed and I have heard rumour that many of
them can hold oil pressure.  Alas, My poor MGA is not so lucky.  Even with
20W50 oil, the pressure drops after continued high speed use.  I am afraid
that mechanical attention will be required.

Regards,
Bill Eastman

>>> Chris Eaton <cheaton@bellsouth.net> 04/22/97 01:48pm >>>
This is just a guess,but maybe your oil pressure drops due to viscosity
breakdown under heat.If your oil gets thinner that would explain the
drop in pressure at high RPM's over long distances.