Tires/Originality/Handling/sizes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tires/Originality/Handling/sizes
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:32:09 -0500 (CDT)
Been biting my lip here but can no longer restrain myself. I run
185x70x14s and feel I have much improved handling on curves. I also
think that the wider tire has a sportier look (especially with my
Minilite wheels). The big question here is what do you do with this car
of yours. If you look at it and get your joy from purity of the species
and keeping it has close to the way it rolled out of the factory then
hang in there with your 165x70x14s. Let's face it you are not entering
the autocross portions of the events anyway, right?

On the other hand if your heart steps up a beat when you see a double S
curve sign ahead with a recommended speed of 30 mph and your doing 60
and are not planning on breaking stride then you are going to need
those 185x70x14s one of these curves.

The kid (23 now but when I bought this house he was 7) next door that
bought my 74 1/2 B (now for sale) from me, put 185x60x15s on his using
American Racing Wheels and I think they look great.

To each his own, Safety Fast, David (doing NY to NC and back this
weekend it 75 B)  Deutsch