Re: Speedo and Tach cable WARNING

To: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Subject: Re: Speedo and Tach cable WARNING
From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 11:01:19 -0500
At 08:30 AM 4/25/97 -0600, you wrote:

>It appears that many new speedo and tach cables are defective in that the
>square end that goes into the instrument is too long.  When I took my
>speedo in to be repaired, they said bring the cable.  I bought new cables
>from Moss a year ago and the shop said both of these cables had the
>problem and they would fix them (trim to length and dress the end).  They
>also said that is probably what messed up my speedo.  They have tried
>repeatedly to get the cable suppliers to do something about this.  No
>luck.  The too long cable end was also causing my tach to "wind up" so if
>you have this problem check the cable.

Kevin-

I recall reading somewhere (I think on this list) - a discussion about a
copper washer being installed as a spacer in the speedo fitting - possibly
on the other end (right angle drive) which would keep the cable from
extending too far into the mating half.  I don't see such a thing in my MOSS
catalog - so maybe I'm losing it?

Regards,

Rich Mason
'73 MGB