Re: Rebuilding Hydraulics

To: jello@dns.ida.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Hydraulics
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 13:19:35 -0400 (EDT)

<<  have a quick question.  I am rebuilding the clutch/brake master on my MGA

 (1500 parts).  Taking apart the m.c. (something I haven't done before) it
 occurs to me that I should put hydraulic fluid on all my new rubber parts
 before re-assembly.  Can anyone tell me if that is correct, I know on engine

 gaskets grease or oil (depending on application) is commonly used.

  Correct.  Lubricate all rubber parts, inside the bore, and all metal parts
with the same fluid you are planning on using in the system.

 Never use a petroleum based grease, or oil on the hydraulics as it can lead
to deteriation of the seals, as well as contaminate the new fluid.

Just my £.02 worth
Rick