Re: Midget wheels

To: dhall@vcd.hp.com, tshirley@voy.net, cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: Midget wheels
From: Two00mph@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:53:39 -0400 (EDT)
We always used Vega wheels for rain tires our SCCA race Spridgets..
the regular Vega rims were legal for GP (13 x 5 1/2), while the 13 x 6 Vega
GT rims were legal for FP.

Wheel spacers (I still have some) can be used to keep the wheel away from the
spring or suspension.  The rear wheel well lip can be rolled up for
clearance.. and if you're careful you can do it without breaking the paint.

With any rim wider than stock, PLEASE use a larger diameter wheel stud.  The
stock studs will not handle the load.  It is an easy job to enlarge the holes
in the hubs (and drums) to accept the larger press-in studs you can find at
any parts store.

PS:  I still have two sets of aluminum 13 x 5 1/2 wheels... any takers?
        Also have a set (4 plus spare) Bridgestone RE-71's  185/60 HR13
  excellent handling tire... lots of grip, predictable breakaway and great in
the rain (much better in rain than Yoko 008's)