Re: MG inlination...Another Bolshevik MG

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: MG inlination...Another Bolshevik MG
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:49:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Simon Bosworth/Paul Hunt!!

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Paul Hunt wrote:

> Out of interest, I don't think MG/Abingdon was never afflicted with BL
> strike-itus, certainly during the bad old 70's.  Don Hayter recounts (in

MG had a very effective management team, as opposed to the "old guard"
at the other marques.  Unfortunatelly for us, they didn't have the clout
in the empire building days of the management wars, which is why we
never saw the MGB-V8 available to the NA market.  Triumph "won" that
one, even though a delegation of NA dealers begged BL to import into NA.
They said that they couldn't let the popularity of the "B" detract from
the sales potential of the TR-8.

The Na dealers said that they could EASILY sell every V-8 B that BL
could produce, and had the sales figures to proove it.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen