The Eternal Quest

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Eternal Quest
From: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:13:42 -0500
Fellow SOLers,

I'm feeling like Jason and the Argonauts in search of the Golden Fleece.  In my
never ending search for a "restorable" 72-74 BGT I have found an example with
"some rust". Normally I run away screaming in fear when I see or hear the word
RUST (shiver).

This car has the typical rust found in the dog legs, lower front fender skirts,
etc. Has anyone used the replacement pieces from the big parts houses to
fix/repair this type of rust.  If you have, what did you think of the result?
Replacing the wings at all four corners is definitely not an option due to the
cost. If the lower panels are rusted out I imagine the rockers are probably on
the way also.  Sad thing is, this car only has 32K miles on the OD
(supposedly). If anyone has done this type of resto (cut and weld) I would love
to get a ballpark estimate of the cost, I'm guessing $$$$$$$$.

BTW, has anyone ever removed all the glass on a GT.  When I painted my LE it
went into the shop sans everything.  I have never seen a GT yet where I
couldn't see where someone oversprayed the tape.  Is it really that difficult
to do, or are people just too lazy to do it right.

If I talk to one more Goober who doesn't know sh*t about his own car I'm going
to scream.

B-less (still) in Big D

>From Bill Schleusner
Texas Instruments Incorporated