Re: engine/head +signatures all in one

To: barneymg@juno.com
Subject: Re: engine/head +signatures all in one
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 09:19:42 EDT
On Fri, 02 May 1997 18:35:06 EDT barneymg@Juno.Com (Barney Gaylord)
writes:

>Now you got me thinking (danger mode).
>
>My guess is yes.  It makes sense to me.  Seems like the manifold studs
>are also double fine threads.  Personally I can't recall ever seeing
>studs used for the heater valve, but then it hasn't been a big item on
>my check list.  For as long as I can remember, my MGA has had fine
>thread 1/4" bolts holding the heater valve.  I do know that the
>threaded holes in the head are quite shallow, making it difficult to
>get the bolts just the right length to work.  For that reason alone I
>would think it best to fit studs for this aplication.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA

How do you remember all this stuff Barney?- I couldnt remember if i have
the spares for the 73BGT sought earlier, I had to go and look! (I dont -
theyre on the other cars...)
You should publish!!!!!!!!

mike robson (with a mind of swiss cheese)
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster
73 BGT (with donor card!)
93 Jeep
96 Jeep
      Wife one year younger than me
83 middleschooler who thinks shes 22
84 middleschooler who thinks the simpsons and farting are WAAYYY COOL!
88 elementary schooler who wants to be a lawyer
90 long haired cat with attitude
90 calico cat of timid timbre
95 white tibetan terrier(pita)
96 black tibetan terrier(pita-)
78 Pearl 9 piece kit with rogers hardware
Many ants bugs, beetles and some other