Re: engine/head +signatures all in one

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: engine/head +signatures all in one
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 18:12:58 EDT
On Sat, 03 May 1997 09:19:42 EDT miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
writes:

>On Fri, 02 May 1997 18:35:06 EDT barneymg@Juno.Com (Barney Gaylord)
>writes:
>
>>Seems like the manifold studs are also double fine threads.  Personally
I can't recall ever seeing studs used for the heater valve ..... my MGA
has had fine thread 1/4" bolts holding the heater valve.  I do know that
the threaded holes in the head are quite shallow..... For that reason
alone I would think it best to fit studs for this aplication.

>How do you remember all this stuff Barney? .....

What's to remember.  When I have the engine apart every other weekend
it's just there staring me in the face.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA