Classifies getting interesting in the N.E, USA

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Classifies getting interesting in the N.E, USA
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 08:43:43 -0500 (CDT)
Soon as the weather starts to turn around here the "real" cars start to
come out of hypernation. In todays Newsday (Long Isalnd's local)"Autos
for Sale" there amoung 6 MGBs, 3 Bentleys, 4Triumphs (sorry no 69
TR6/but I'm looking), 4 Jag XKEs and a Lotus was the ad that caught my
eye: Austin 51' A40, Original condition, no rust, $3,200 516-379-6154.

Here, on Long Island, every Friday night at Bellmore train station's
parking lot it's classic car and hot rod heaven. Last night brought out
approx. 120 cars. A dozen or so 30s and 40's Ford/Chevy coupes (fords
w/ chevy engines and chevys w/ ford engines, I was so confused), lots
of early 60s stuff but the only thing close to being British was the
Cobra replica.
See you at Carlisle next week, Look for my 75 BRG MGB.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch