Fine Points of a Valve Job

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fine Points of a Valve Job
From: Truxtun Southworth <tsouthworth@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 15:25:44 +0000
I Œm about to do a valve job on my 69 B and have a few questions before I
begin.
First, what gains should I expect from polishing the valve ports?  If this is a
good idea, should I polish both the intake and exhaust ports?  I know Iım not
suppose to touch the valve seats when I do this but what about the area on the
manifold side, does this get polished out also?
Iım rebuilding the rocker shaft and also need to know the best method for
removing
the rocker arm bushings.  Iım a little worried about trying to knock them out
with
a punch in my vice.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tuck Southworth