Re: '...just like a Union jack...'

To: NTaylor333@aol.com
Subject: Re: '...just like a Union jack...'
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 02:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Nancy Taylor!!

On Mon, 5 May 1997 NTaylor333@aol.com wrote:

> that is painted to look like a Union Jack.  For a short while after I got my
> MG, I considered painting it in such a fashion, but I thought this might

My son called in a favour from a guy, and had the Union Jack painted on
the trunk of his white '73 "B".  A short time later, the car was stolen
late at night.  He reported it, and got a call back right away.  The
cops had already found it, and impounded.

The reason they stopped the thief was the white house paint dripping off
the trunk and rear bumper.  They got the car before it was seriously
damaged!!  The thief dumped a can of white paint onto the trunk lid to
hide the paint job.  He had already switched license plates...

Go for your paint job; you never know if it'll help you...

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen