Wiring a tach?

Subject: Wiring a tach?
From: Dan Graves <dan@bimmer.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 97 10:12:33 PDT
I have a '64 B that I'm trying to wiring the tach in.  A guy here at
work rewired it for negative ground and I wired it according to the
negative ground diagram in my bentley manual.  Nothing happens.  What's
the correct way to wire this thing up, and is there a way I can check to
see if the tach is still good?  I'm not an electrical-type so any help
is much appreciated.

I connected the single spade terminal to +12 (switched) and connected one
end of the wire that coils in back of the tach to the ignition switch and
the other end to the dist coil.  Does that sound right?

Dan Graves
Rocklin CA