Re: What type of engine in my MGA Coupe ?

To: sperera@blkbox.com
Subject: Re: What type of engine in my MGA Coupe ?
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 07:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

<< I recently was upset to find that my 1957 MGA coupe does not seem to
 have the correct engine. The identification plate says that the engine
 should be 15GB 25171 but the engine identification states that it is a
 15F NH 20383. Does anyone know what type of engine this is and maybe how
 or why people swapped them ?

You didn't describe the engine itself.  It might be the proper engine, but
not the one that originally came with the car.  I know they used that engine
in a lot of different vehicles.  I've got a spare engine (proper type engine)
in my garage that has different numbers on it than used on the MGA, I've been
told that it was probably pulled from a Metrapolitan.  I believe Donald
Healey even used one of these engines in the speed boat that he designed.

Scott