Re: Guages...

To: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Subject: Re: Guages...
From: Mark Iansiti <MTI1971@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 02:12:31 +0000
>>Yup.  Ask Thomas about the oil-in-a-baggie gravity feed thingie.  A
>>well-lubricated cable is essential to smooth speedo operation.
>
>I see that I have been summoned.

>Of course, if you need any clarification, don't hesitate to ask me.
>
>Thomas James Pokrefke, III
>1970 MGB
>thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
>http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke

Just a thought, Thomas...rather than doing the 'baggie' thing, have you
considered spraying with motorcycle chain lube?...you can fill the cable
casing and 'blast away' the bad stuff.  Just a thought, or do you think it
may be too heavy of a lubricant?

Mark (Michigan)
70 Midget
74 Spitfire
(I list the Spit first on the Triumph list)
60 Bugeye
76 Tr7
77 Tr7 (parts)