Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #649 Fri May 9 11:46:56 MDT 1997

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #649 Fri May 9 11:46:56 MDT 1997
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 23:35:25 +0000
> > > start coming out of the grille and headlight rings, and be chrome
> >
> > The blue lights behind the grill will clash with these colours...
>
> Heh heh.  I like it.
>
> > Because I don't want to offend, I think I'd better stop my response
> > right here.  I'm not one you could call a purist, but this is not for me
> > To me, it would be like "slamming" your "B".
>
> Big Healeys came from the factory "slammed".  There are a lot of the
> "new" look lowriders here.  A "B" with hydraulics on 12x10 inch wheels*
> and all the trim gold plated might go over well.  The paint job would be
> perfect.  Hey, Scott, if you're still here, I'm not making fun of you, do
> whatever you think you'll like.  And enjoy it!

Hmmm, blue lights behind the grille.... Maybe some green neon to
match the paint...  You may have created a monster!  Just kidding, my
taste isn't THAT far gone.
   One the subject of what's proper for MGB's, maybe someone can
explain this to me.  In the car I owned prior to the MGB, I had put
about $3500 into the stereo, and competed with it in Texas.  Keep in
mind, this wasn't a "boom" system, it was very accurate and pleasing.
 Anyway, I've had the 'B' for seven months now, and it doesn't even
HAVE a radio.  And you know what, I don't care!  I still get off
hearing the engine.  The most I'm considering doing is putting in a
CD player, and some component speakers in the kick-panels.  What is
it about these cars that we'll do without tunes, AC, a decent heater,
or just about any other creature comforts?
Cheers,
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner