Re: MGs in the Movies

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Ed & Kris Curtis <curtis@hayburn.com>
Subject: Re: MGs in the Movies
From: Michael Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 01:43:51 -0700
Ed & Kris Curtis wrote:

> I just got back from seeing the new movie "Father's Day" with Robin
> Williams and Billy Crystal.  One scene has a beautiful yellow MGTD being
> polished.  Very nice looking car.
>
> Ed Curtis
> MGTF 1500

I know that there is a nice early MGB used in Jackie Chan's "Rumble in
the Bronx"  A pretty red car, I think Jackie jumps out of it onto another
moving vehicle.  There is also a good shot of a decomposing MGB in one of
Alicia Silverstone's movies, but I don't remember which one.  All I know
is that the car had a factory hard top and the movie wasn't worth
remembering.  If anyone is  "Dukes of Hazzard" fan, you've probably
noticed about one or two shots of the same MGB in each episode.  I think
I've also seen a midget in BRG paint, and I'm almost positive that there
were two B's: One is black with chrome bumpers, the other is BRG with
rubber bumpers, unless it's the midget.  The MG's in "The Dukes" are
mainly seen in the background, on city streets, and in car lots.  If
anyone else knows of any movies containing MG's, I'd like to know.  Oh
yeah, and don't forget Jerry Seinfeld plugging American Express in his
BRG MGA!

Mike Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College
Elementary Education Major, English Minor,
Class of 1999
R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall
'74 Chrome/Black MGB
"If you want to be happy for a few hours, get drunk.  If you want to be
happy for a few years, get married.  If you want to be happy forever, get
an MGB."