15" Minilites?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 15" Minilites?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 23:56:36 +0000
Has anyone here ever put the 15" X 5.5" Minilite repros on a
chrome-bumpered 'B'?  Most of the catalogues list them as being for
the MGC, but one (VB, I think), lists them as a "plus one"
applications for the B.  I was thinking of using 195/60-15 tires on
them, so the overall hieght should be about the same as the
185/70-14s I've got now.  I'm more concerned with hitting the
suspension during tight turns, as the new tires would be
significantly wider.  Any experiences?
    Since my rear springs are about shot, I was also thinking of
replacing the springs all around with the 1" lowered ones from Moss
(550 pound front rate, don't know about the rear)

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner