Re: 15" Minilites?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 15" Minilites?
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@west.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 11:41:58 -0800
Scott:
                                                        As Larry said the MGC
uses a 5 lug pattern.  Moss Motors sells
two 15 inch Minilite replica wheels with a 4 x 4 1/2 bolt pattern.
       The silver painted rim minilites are made in the UK under the
name Minotar (sp) or KN.  The wheel specified for the MGB +1 has the
correct offset and uses a taper type lugnut, so you can use your
original lug nuts.  They also have a wheel that has a positive offset
which uses a special lugnut for MGA and TR6 applications.  I have the
MGB type wheel on my MGB GT V6 with 205/60 15 tyres with no clearance
problems.  Note: I am using a wire wheel rear end with a 1/2 inch
spacer.  Stock rear springs.  There is still a good 3/4 clearance with
stock rear fenders.  195/60 tyres should pose no problem on a stock
steel wheel rear axle.
                                                        I am using the offset
wheels on my MG Magnette, they fill up the
fenderwells nicely even with the 165/15 tyres.  Note:  the special lug
nut for the offset wheel will only fit MGA and TR6, not MGB.  The lug
nut shoulder is a different diameter than the typical US mag wheel nut.

Kelvin.  well wheeled