MGB rear brakes

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB rear brakes
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 09:57:40 -0400 (EDT)
To all:

I remember a Lucas headlight thread I participated in about a year ago. The
essence of the thread was that the Lucas headlights seemed to last forever. I
still have both of the original headlights in my daily driver.

But now another "lasts too long question. I've only replaced my rear brake
shoes once in ten years. I put front brakes on it yesterday and was getting
ready to do the back and they look very good. So good, that it would be very
wasteful to put the new shoes on. The front lasted about five years (60,000
miles) the rear have lasted much more than that. I adjust the rear brakes
about every six months to keep the handbrake working very well. The car stops
quite nicely and I confirmed the rear is working when the car is up on
blocks.

How often have some of you daily drivers replaced your rear MGB shoes?

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget