Back on the road again!

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Back on the road again!
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 13:26:43 -0700 (PDT) (20:26 UT)
Praise to Lucas, Prince of Darkness and MOWOG, Lord of Insufficient
Coefficient of Dynamic Friction, and SU, Archduke that sucks!
Let the saints rejoice and the heavens sing!

TINTIN passed SMOG!   :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)

And it only cost me $150, plus parts!  :-(

I took him to British Motor Service in Orange, Ca 1 800 HOT JAGS
And they put him on the analyzer, took off the air filters (I had the
G*****n things on upside-down, blocking the side ports! When did THAT
happen.  One 'Dan Hughes' for me, boys!)  and leaned it out to where
the hydrocarbons started to go up again.  It looked to be about ten
flats lean from Colortune neutral.  I had never taken it more than
seven.  I had it timed at 13BTDC and he didn't touch it.  He did
recommend using premium fuel and timing it to 20BTDC!  He sold me
some little rubber bits I was missing: total bill $100.
They had an Aston Martin Lagonda on the rack, a nice AH 3000, a
TR4A, Mini Cooper, several XK6's and a midget.
There was also an ad for a Stag by the cash register:
1973 Stag, auto Trans.  $4900 (Marked down from $6400!)
Steve 714-832-1949
The picture of it looked very clean and straight from twenty feet.

Well, $50 in pre-checks, $9 for "Guaranteed to Pass", plus the cost
of new plugs, filters, points, a new PCV valve diaphragm,
and then $100 to finally have it done right....

Thank-you AQMD, BAR, and the senators and assemblymen that made this all
possible.  See you in two years, assuming I don't get nailed by a
streetside gross polluter sniffer.  I hope your Lincoln Limo fails as
a gross polluter.

I took the long way home through Santiago canyon just to enjoy TINTIN
finally running well and free, and I crossed a Sprite with right-hand
drive, dual roll bars, and a metallic flake purple-copper paint job.
I waved, he didn't.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*