Re: OD switching question...

To: dandr@mail.gwi.net (David Allen)
Subject: Re: OD switching question...
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 17:32:47 -0700
At 10:08 PM 5/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi: I have been lurking for a month on the digest. I recently installed a
>LH OD. in my '70 BGT. OD works great cold, once hot it takes two flicks of
>the switch to engage, tonight it would not engage, after a 60-90 mph cruise.
>My LH OD solenoid never "clicked" like the D and J types I have driven?
>Is this because of design and do I have the classic failing solenoid?
>
>Thanks
>Dave
>'70 BGT
>'91 Corgi

Seems like the simplest thing to do would be to first replace the switching
unit on the overdrive and see if that changes your situation. Also, make
sure the contacts in the hand-operated switch are clean. Lucas is not
really known for their superior quality electrics! I've had contact trouble
with a couple of switches on my B. I opened the switches and cleaned the
contacts and saved a few bucks and a few headaches also.

Good luck,

Craig Wiper
craigw@sonic.net
http://www.sonic.net/~craigw