B.C.W. / Long Island /MG heaven today/Rambl'n

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B.C.W. / Long Island /MG heaven today/Rambl'n
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 20:08:57 -0500 (CDT)
Got a little mid-afternoon driving in today and saw a white 70 B (split
rear bumper) in Westbury, a one Rubber Bumper B in Carle Place, a red
MGA also in Carle Place, a MGB LE in E. Meadow and a very very nice
Midget w/ a decal that said "Sun Runner on Meadowbrook Parkway.

 The Midget exited right behind me and pulled along side so I had my
son hand him a flyer for MG Car Club - Long Island Center's "The
British are Coming!!" which will take place June 1st and from the
sounds of things is shaping up the be quite a gathering. We have
several cars coming in from Jersey and Rockland and Orange County, New
York. I have also heard that we have at least one of each of following:
Magnette,  Austin Cambridge, Morgan, Lotus Elan, MGTD. Hope some more
Jersey/PA/CT folks will join us, You guys know how much much you see of
me (and I rarely travel alone) on your side of the Bridge might be nice
to get a little reciprication on the 1st of June. By the way Red Mill
British Day in Clinton, NJ  is closed out for entries (limit 75) so I
hope those turned away will "go the extra mile(s)" and come over L.I.
way.

 Be seeing many of you on Sunday May 18th in Mount Laurel, NJ at the
Laurel Falls Show. John Morris ("1FUNMGB" plate on his C.B.74 B) and I
are hooking up with Ian Pender in Hamilton Square, NJ for a fun run
down 295, any others interested in joining us give Ian a call at
609-890-2959, I'm thinking an approx. meet time of 8:15 for an 8:30
departure at an E-Z off E-Z on exit. Talk location with Ian it's his
neck of the woods. Safety Fast, David Deutsch