MGs Anonymous?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGs Anonymous?
From: Couchmen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:58:26 -0400 (EDT)
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and, the way some "tell their story,"
I thought for a while that MGA stood for MGs Anonymous.

I saw the first bugeye at the Motor Show at Earls Court, sat in it and wanted
one.  In 1972 I actually managed to buy a new Midget for the princely sum of
860 BPS - I remember the license plate was RGP815L.  I sold it 10 years later
for 900 BPS.  Unfortunately, after 10 years, a car in England tends to be a
bit rusty, even though I used under-seal on it.  It seemed like picking up a
handful of sand - after a while, there are only a few grains left.  In 10
years it only let me down once and that was just when it mattered.  I was
driving to the hospital with my wife in labor when the Midget stopped.  We
were in deepest rural Berkshire with no other cars around.  The wire running
to the fuel pump broke where it connects to the pump.  Lying under the car in
the road at such a time is called a pressure situation.  Well, I found it and
fixed it and drove on at a slightly brisker pace and all went well.  I wonder
if it is a pile of rust or whether someone now drives it.

I was recently looking round a car auction for a car for my son, when I saw a
B.  I ended up getting the B and my son now drives the mini-van.  He followed
me from the auction to make sure I made it home.  The poor guy was almost
asphyxiated from all the gunk being thrown out the exhaust, so now I'm going
to rebuild the engine and gearbox this summer.  I wonder if he remembers his
near miss with an MG once before!

Piece of cake

- Roy
'79 MGB