Rear Springs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear Springs
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 19:58:12 +0000
Replaced the rear springs on my 73 Roadster 5yrs/15k miles ago as the
originals were beginning to bow the wrong way.  Disappointed to see the
new ones were almost flat right from the start.

Use the car mainly for day trips, but just had a long weekend in Jersey.
With two people and luggage the springs were badly bowed the wrong way.
Going to France for two weeks in about a month so decided to fit GT
springs.

Dealer hadn't any in stock but recommended rubber bumper roadster
springs as the next best thing as they have a higher rate (Clausager
confirms this). Showed my a car that had had them on for five years and
they have a definite 'proper' bow to them and the arch is just about
level with the top of the tyre.

I bought them, he said he would have them back if I didn't like them.
Any comments?

PaulH.