Pulling Engine/Trans=Can't find...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pulling Engine/Trans=Can't find...
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 23:15:03 -0500
propellor shaft bolts.  Book says that there are 4 bolts.

2 beside the propellor shaft and 2 somewhere else.

The propellor shaft seems to be boxed in and I cna't find but the 2 bolts
front flange bolts (UX) at the end of the tranny.  I did find some at teh
bottom of the pan where the tranny meets the UV.  They were pretty long and
greasy, so I suspect that they are 2 of the 4 bolts that bolt the tanny to
the bodyframe.

Help!  Where are the other 2?  This is almost the last stage before I yank
out the engine and trany as one unit.

Also, I can't seem to see/find the flange(Front UV) at the tranny side?  It
seems to be boxed in and inaccessable.  The rear axel side is obvious and I
have taken out those bolts.  How can I get at this front flange (UV) bolts?

Thanks,...

--
Jay Quinn       Systems Engineer
jpquinn@cyberramp.net   Pager: 972.319.7611