Re: So much to do, so little time

To: Steve Gibbons <steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net>
Subject: Re: So much to do, so little time
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 23:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve Gibbons!!

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Steve Gibbons wrote:

> Steve (A relative newbie seeking perspective)
> '74 MGB "Di" (A "beater" trying to decide where to turn)

> mentioned above are my attempts to gain a convert (Which is really difficult
> do, when your S.O. drives a Saturn SC2, and has never driven a stick...)
>*sigh*

Well, when your SO starts to question your "expensive" '74, ask her how
much a 5 year old Saturn sc2 will be worth, subtract that value from the
new price, and divide the result by 5 to get the cost per year to
drive her Saturn...  I'm guessing about 2 to 3 thousand per year.

Imagine spending that kind of money on your "B" EACH YEAR for 5 years!!

Sure would buy a LOT of nice parts for yer "B"; like a new
cross flow head, rim-flow valves, coil over tube shock
conversion, electronic ignition, 2 litre conversion, new Perelli
tyres, stainless steel exhaust with a Borla stainless muffler, leather
interior, Hella (or equivalent) headlight conversion, wire wheels, and
last but not least, a nice laquer paint job!!  And how about a little
blower to give you a little more grunt in 4th over?

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen