Re: hard top colour?

To: krfuchs@cabler.cableregina.com
Subject: Re: hard top colour?
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 16:17:58 EDT
        Victoria British, Lenexa, KS., (800-255-0088) has a pretty good
selection of parts for the FACTORY hardtop.  Some of the other
aftermarket tops used factory items, but where the other parts might be
sourced is anyone's guess.
        Quoting Anders Ditlev Clausager, "Original MGB" page 58:  "The
original hard top colours were red, blue, black, Old English White and
grey, and for most colour schemes there was a choice of up to four of
these 'approved' hard top colours.  However, all coloured hard tops were
discontinued at the end of 1966, and thereafter the hard top was always
painted black if factory-fitted, although it was frequently supplied in
primer if sold as a spare part.  From July 1976, however, spare hard tops
were always sold in black."  Now I've read the section from the book six
times and typed  it once and I'm not sure what he said.  I think that
since your car is a '73 then about anything would be OK., especially
black or primer. That's my interpretation, anyway.  Your car-your pick!!!

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com