Soapbox racers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Soapbox racers
From: Steve Gibbons <steve@wyrm.AZTech.Net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 20:24:44 -0700
Life is good: I have reliable daily transport (with AC no less) and can now
afford (timewise, money is another matter...) to fix my '74 roadster.

Yesterday afternoon, my Dad-in-law and I prepped "Princess Di(e)" for engine/
tranny removal.  Truth be told: Alvie did all of the hard stuff, but I did
get greasy up to my elbows, tried to watch what he was doing (so I could learn),
and was "gopher extraordinaire" (he didn't yell at me once, except when he
couldn't be heard.)  I had a blast!

I happened to purchase a "practical car" for daily transport, but now I under-
stand why so many of you have so many LBCs.  It's amazing how much better I
felt doing a big job, when I didn't feel like I had to have her back on the
road on Monday.

I'm really looking forward to "doing the right things" for my little "B" and
getting her out of the "beater" category.

--
Steve
'74 MGB