Re: Life-long ambition realized

To: bkrueger@ici.net, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: Life-long ambition realized
From: GEstep3457@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 22:57:35 -0400 (EDT)
OK, here goes.  In 1976 I bought an XK 120 for a gal-pal.  It was sitting in
primer paint in a vacant lot and I picked it up for $1,600.  It ran
beautifully and needed only paint, a grille and other minor chrome.  We got
it all together and it looked and ran fantastic!  Oh yes, it was the early
all-alloy (sob) version.  The lady and I later went our separate ways, she
hang on to the XK120 until last year, when she sold it for something in
excess of $80,000.  (I usually break into tears at this point)  Ah well, may
daddy told me long ago to never fall in love with something that can't love
you back.  In this case it applied to both the car and the (?) lady.  Lessons
learned the hard way last the longest!