Re: braided steel hoses?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, gardner@lwcomm.com
Subject: Re: braided steel hoses?
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 18:11:15 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-20, Scott Gardner wrote:

> Just looking at the pictures in my catalogues again, (Moss, Brit-Tek,
>  et al), and was wondering how they used stainless steel braided hoses
>  on things like the radiator hoses and fuel lines.  How do you attach
>  S.S. hoses to something like a carb inlet or water neck that doesn't
>  have threads?  the pictures look like the hoses have "AN" type
>  fittings on the ends, but I could be wrong.

Scott:

Pick up any of the magazines or catalogs catering to the Hot Rod, or Street
Rod crowd. There are several companies making fittings for braided stainless
steel lines that look as if they are AN. There is a lot of "posing" going on
with these folks, and braided SS lines are the hot items now. Most of them
use the standard hose clamp, with a special cover to hide it, and make it
look "AN". One company even offers a kit, with all the braided SS covers for
the standard hoses to do a complete engine. The covers just slip over the
hoses.

Of course, for the smaller hoses and fittings, there are adapters available
to convert most any fitting to AN, to allow the use of the real thing.

Dan (a bit of a Hot Rodder myself) Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74