RE: Midget dash switch

Subject: RE: Midget dash switch
From: "Haynes, Daniel" <Haynes.Daniel@tci.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 16:35:00 -0600
The manual says that it is the Brake Warning Lamp.  I think that its
original
purpose is to entertain you when your brakes fail.  I know that when I
push
mine it lights up.  I don't know the purpose of the red lens.  I think
that
green for go would be the proper lens.  If your brakes fail, you won't
be
stopping.

On a serious note (B flat), The switch is to test your braking systesm
before
you go out in your car.  If it lights up during test, your brakes are
supposed to be working.  How this switch knows, I don't know.  I'll be
reading my Bentley Manual tonight to verify how much of what I shared is
lie.

If you're looking to test it, find a big hill, drive down it and then
test
the switch.  If it doesn't work, your brakes probaly won't either.

72 Midget - Just about roadworthy
68 GT - Switch is only thing left intact right now.
_______
_