Bearing bottoms

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bearing bottoms
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:45:35 -0500
I pulled two rod caps last night and the rod bearings show nothing but
copper.  The jornals look pretty good although I think I might polish one
of them.  There is an area about 1/4 inch wide at the center of the journal
where I can feel roughness.  Time to fire off a parts order and visit the
hardware store for some crocus cloth.

More than one person has written / told me to not waste my time on Mickey
Mouse repairs and to just pull the engine and get it over with.  I floated
that option with my accountant last night and it was shot down pretty
quickly.  If I find any really bad surprises, I am afraid that the A will
be taking a forced holiday until such time that resources can be mustered.

And that would be a shame.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA with an exposed bottom