Re: Windshield going cloudy.

To: cfiddes@direct.ca
Subject: Re: Windshield going cloudy.
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Richard M Morrison)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:59:35 EDT

On Thu, 22 May 1997 23:34:15 +0000 cfiddes@direct.ca writes:
>Hi folks.
>
>Haven't been paying too much attention to my PC (or the list) for the
>last couple of weeks.  The weather's been too nice.  Hell, I've even
>been driving to work just for the opportunity to drive the Midget (It
>actually takes longer to drive than bus but somehow it's just more
>fun with the top down and the sun coming up.)
>
>On with my question.  My windshield is starting to turn white.  I
>caught a comment on an earlier thread that said it's the plastic in
>the safety glass going bad.  How quickly can I expect this to spread?
>I've got about an inch of opaque windshield from the lower driver's
>side
>corner.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Chris.
>'76 Midget

Chris,
  I've got the same problem with my BGT, about 1/2 - 3/4 inch of smokey
area all around the wind screen.  I promised myself to replace it as soon
as it got a bit larger.
That was 1991 when I bought the car.  It's still about the same size.  So
long as your state inspectors (if any) pass the car, I wouldn't worry
about it.

Granted, the concours judges may not like it, but what do they know

Rick
:>)