Re: Re[2]: Dashpot oil thread

To: pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Dashpot oil thread
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:30:29 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-25 22:29:58 EDT, pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu (Thomas
James Pokrefke, III) writes:

<< The best way to cure your SU dashpot oil problem is to take the carbs
 off the car, fill them with lead, and use them as paper weights.  Then,
 go get a Weber downdraft and bolt it on.

 And you thought it was just the oil.

 Thomas James Pokrefke, III >>

Now, now Thomas...

I've kept the SU's on my '73 MGB since I got the car ten years ago. It's a
daily driver and I've put over 100,000 miles on it with the only problem a
float that took on a bit of gas (other than a bad experience with non stock
Grose jets). Except for the air cleaners and polished piston chambers (the
exterior), they're absolutely stock.

Now, I'm not an original nut. A good deal of my electrical and cooling system
is not stock and was changed when I added A/C last summer. Some tweeking
continues to date.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. A cute, but absolutely essential phrase.
Racing modifications excluded.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget