Re: Replacing windshield: how hard?VERY!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: Replacing windshield: how hard?VERY!
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 14:58:45 +0000
Dave Houser wrote:

> Graham,
> I believe you, however they were never at Abingdon but at the Pressed
> Steel Fisher facility at Swindon. See the picture in David Knowles new
> book, "MG 1965-1980 Photo Archive". On page 18, the picture shows " J.
> Yeats fitting the windscreen finishers to an MGB GT MK I---something
> of a black art!" That's the real caption!!
> Seriously, does anyone know if this gentleman is still alive? How can
> I find out. I must know the secret of installing these things. Graham,
> you mentioned TWO men, who's the other guy and can we find out if he's
> still alive. They have a most valuable technical tip to tell.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Houser

I had my GT windscreen replaced recently.  Just looked in the yellow
pages and rang the first convenient place.  Happened to speak to the
boss who said he would have to do it as "the young lads these days have
never seen one and wouldn't know where to start".  Had to wait a week as
he was going away for the wekend.  He did it in about two hours while I
watched, and I wrote an account for this list as best I could remember,
I can try and find it for you if you wish.  Ironically, his weekend away
was to see a pal, who just happened to have a GT with a cracked
windscreen!  Bit of a busmans holiday.

PaulH.