Blecch! The floor is slippery

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Blecch! The floor is slippery
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:54:14 -0500
Hi everyone:

Why do these things happen when I don't have time to fix them?  I am
getting my Vanguard back from the paint shop today so that I can have it
ready for the British Field Meet on June 14.  I got into my MG to move it
yesterday, as I was cleaning up the garage in preparation for the Vanguard.
The rubber mat on the floor carpet was slippery.  You guessed it.  My
master cylinder is leaking.

I more or less ignored the previous postings on this matter - smugly
knowing that my master cylinder was fine.  However, now that I have
examined the blistered, lifting paint under the dash and on the firewall,
it has been leaking for some time. I'm surprised I didn't notice stains on
the legs of my pants.

Is this job truly "the job from Hell" that I think it is or is it merely
bloody difficult?  I would be extremely grateful if anyone would post some
tips.  I have looked at the manual.  I am fairly large, I don't fancy
trying to crawl under the dash and I really don't want to remove the damn
seat again.  Once was more than enough.

Finally, what luck have you had putting in kits as compared to replacing
the whole thing.  I just looked at the price.  Moss wants $192 which will
be close to $300 Cdn. with shipping and taxes.  Have many of you had bad
luck with repair kits?

Any tips will be gratefully received and acknowleged.

John McEwen