Re: Blecch! The floor is slippery

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: Blecch! The floor is slippery
From: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 12:51:33 -0600
John McEwen wrote:
>Finally, what luck have you had putting in kits as compared to replacing
>the whole thing.  I just looked at the price.  Moss wants $192 which
will
>be close to $300 Cdn. with shipping and taxes.  Have many of you had bad
>luck with repair kits?

John, I ordered a rebuilt master cylinder from my local auto parts store.
 It was much cheaper than Moss.  I cannot remember what I paid (about 2
years ago) but I remembered I was very surprised at the difference in
price.

By the way I typically check with local auto parts stores for replacement
parts.  Many of them supply the typical mechanical parts.

Cheers,
Larry Hoy
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas