Re: Car Covers

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car Covers
From: Craig Wiper <craigw@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 18:15:14 -0700
At 12:29 PM 5/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>My business is growing and I am forced to give up my garage space for the MGB
>for the next 7 or 8 months.  This means parking the car in the driveway and
>covering it up.  Trying to decide on a suitable car cover.  Am interested in
>anyone's experience with either the Technalon cover or possibly the TYVEC
>cover sold by Moss.  Any comments ?
>
>PS. The paint isn't the greatest on the car so I 'm not too concerned with
>the softness of the Technalon. I'm more concerned with protection from the
>elements.
>
>Bruce Durgin
>64 B

Hi Bruce. I've had 3 covers since 1988 on my B. I use them while parking
the car at work everyday. I originally had a Technalon cover. After a
little over a year of 8hrs a day work use, the thing turned to a fine
power-like dust and just started to disintegrate!

I then bought the polycotton cover that's like canvas on the outside and
soft and fuzzy on the inside. These have held up much better; about 3 years
at a time before becoming thin in spots and starting to tear if not careful
when handling them. The price is a bit less for the polycotton than the
Technalon.

I do live in California and the cover mainly gets sunshine and a bit of
fog. I never drive the car when there's substantial rain, so I can't vouch
for the cover in that kind of weather.

Hope this info helps, and good luck. Also, check out a place advertised in
Hemmings called California Car Cover Co. I bought my 3rd cover from them.
They were as quick to respond as my regular MG parts dealers but their
prices were lower; and they had a better selection.

California Car Cover Co.
9525 DeSoto Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Ph: 1-800-423-5525